Easy Falafel BowlCourse: Lunch, Snacks
Macros: For this bowl
458 calories, protein: 21.2g, carbs: 75.6g, Fat 11.2g,
This bowl contains:
4x35g each falafel
cooked quinoa 100g
tahini dressing 20g
cabbage shredded 1 cup
Pickled red onions about 2 tbsp
All details are on my YouTube Video
3 cups dry chickpeas (soaked overnight in 1 tsp baking soda)
1/3 cup chickpea flour
1 cup chopped parsley
1 cup chopped cilantro (optional per taste but highly recommend)
About 10-15 mint leaves
2 tsp cumin powder
1.5 tsp coriander powder
1.5 tsp chili flakes (+/-) per tolerance
salt per taste
1 tsp baking powder
1 small red onion
3 cloves of fresh garlic
Avocado oil spray (optional)
- Tahini Dressing
1/2 cup Tahini
juice of 1/2 lemon or lime (+/-) per taste
1 tsp garlic powder (+/-)
salt per taste
Water per desired consistency (about 1/3 + more if needed)
1 tbsp maple syrup
- Drain and rinse chickpeas thoroughly in cold water (2-3 times) and keep aside. Wash and rinse parsley, cilantro, dry on a clean kitchen towel, keep aside.
- Dice onions in big chunks keep aside. Toss 4 cups of chickpeas in food processor along with all the other ingredients. Process until everything is well combined.
- With clean hands, form falafel balls one by one. On a lined baking tray or an air fryer basket, add falafel balls one by one. This will make about 15 falafel balls based on the size. Lightly spray with avocado oil and bake or air fry at 400 F for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to flip half way through and lightly spray on the other side.
- Once ready, assemble your falafel bowl. Serve with tahini dressing and humus on the side. Check my oil free humus dressing here. Check my YouTube video linked below to see I prepared this falafel bowl.
- Feel free to serve with Tzatziki dressing to lower fat instead of using Tahini dressing.
- You may double up the batch, and process it in the food processor 2nd time and freeze the mixture to be used later. This will help you meal prep easily.