Why whole foods plant based diet?
Here are just a few key points that a WFPB diet can bring about:
- Physical Fitness.
- Mental Strength and Wellness.
- Environmental Responsibility.
Do these sound like qualities and goals you want to be a part of? If so then you are in the right place.
Health and weight loss benefits
- Clean fuel for your body.
- High Bio-Availability (foods that are readily absorbed into your system)
- Regain your vibrant energy.
- Lose/Optimize your weight.
- Reduce your uptake of cumulative toxins.
- Lower your risks for many diseases.
- Prime your body for healing existing conditions.
- Deep restorative sleep and better cognitive function.
- Be a friend to the only planet we call home, Earth!
Make weight loss easy – with calorie density
What is calorie density?
It is simply the measure of how many calories are in a given weight of the food. For example 1 pound of potato chips contain approximately 2400 calories vs. 1 pound of apples is 236 calories. Which one of these foods will keep you full for longer with least amount of calories? Once you learn to eat this way, weight loss and weight management becomes so easy. You can eat high volume of low calorie foods without counting calories & measuring!
See Calorie density chart. In order to lose weight on whole foods plant based diet, you should strive to eat foods that are 600 calories or less per pound.
To read more on calorie density, I highly recommend reading this article below.
Watch My Top 10 Fat Loss Tips on YouTube:
Why you shouldn’t consume oils on whole foods plant based diet?
Further reading & Resources on oils
Other helpful YouTube videos to help you understand why whole foods plant based diet is the way to go for sustainable weight loss and optimal health.
- Why I went Plant Based by Dr. Anthony Lim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbH6TIdtZ3Q
- Plant Based Nutrition by Dr. Anthony Lim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZtpz_6DB38
- The Pleasure Trap by Dr. Doug Lisle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX2btaDOBK8
- Powerful Speech by Dr. Fuhrman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fvfOyiSWnY&t=1980s
- The food we were born to eat: Dr. John McDougall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5wfMNNr3ak
- The Power of Starch & Plant-Based Eating: Dr. John McDougall: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRxORmX-RrQ
These are the books that will help you learn many health benefits of eating plant based diet. Atomic habits is one of the best self-help books ever written.
These movies are a must watch. They’re all about how our daily dietary choices impact our health and as well as health of our planet Earth.
- Forks over Knives
- What the health
- The game changes
- Food Inc
- Fat, sick, and nearly dead
- Plant pure nation
- Hungry for a change
- Food choices