High Protein Pumpkin Spice Baked OatsCourse: Breakfast, Snacks
This recipe makes 4 servings. Macros per 270g serving:
Calories: 359, Fat: 8.6g, Protein: 23.6g, Carbs: 47g
1 heaping cup (130g) rolled oats
1 cup (80g) dry TVP
185g pumpkin puree
1/3 cup maple syrup (+/-) or any other sweetener of your choice)
1 cup + 1/3 cup unsweetened soy or any other plant milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup chopped pecans + 1 tbsp chopped pecans for top
150g extra firm silken tofu
50g pumpkin puree
1/4 cup maple syrup (+/-)
1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsweetened soy or any other plant milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Toss all dry ingredients on to a baking tray. Give it a good mix.
- To the same baking try add, all the wet ingredients. Mix again. Dice up some chopped pecans and sprinkle on top. Bake at 375F for about 20-25 minutes.
- While oats are baking, prepare your icing by tossing all the ingredients into a blender, blend till smooth and keep aside.
- Once oats are baked, remove from the oven, let cool completely for about 30 minutes. Pour icing on top. Spread evenly with a spatula. Feel free to sprinkle cinnamon and a tablespoon of chopped pecans on top. Serve with fresh fruits of your choice and enjoy. Store any remaining oats in Tupperware in the refrigerate to consume throughout the week.
- Feel free to add fresh fruits or berries on top before serving.
- Once these oats are refrigerated, they tend to dense up due to TVP soaking all the moisture. Feel free to add more plant milk before serving throughout the week.