Rainbow rice paper rolls with creamy low fat peanut sauceCourse: Lunch, Sides
8 Rice paper rolls (Or as many as you wish to make
1 red or yellow bell pepper
1 red mango
1 cup chopped purple cabbage
Romain lettuce (5-6 leaves)
Tofu slices (see below for tofu marinate)
1/2 English cucumber
1 large grated carrot
Fresh mint leaves
Black sesame seed to sprinkle (optional)
- Tofu marinate
1 block of extra firm tofu
1.5 tbsp low sodium soy or Tamari sauce
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp maple syrup
- Creamy Peanut Sauce
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
20g powdered peanut butter
1.5 tbsp low sodium tamari
1-1.5 tsp maple syrup (+/- per taste)
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp lime or lemon juice
1/2 tsp sesame seed oil (optional but adds ton of flavor!)
water per desired consistency
- Press tofu and each slices about an inch thick, add tofu marinate on to a dish, mix with a fork and let tofu marinate for at least half an hour or leave it to marinate in the fridge for overnight. Make sure each slice is coated with seasoning. Half an hour later or next morning, line baking tray with parchment paper and bake or air fry tofu for about 15-20 minutes at 400F. Make sure to toss half way through. Keep aside.
- While tofu is marinating, chop all your ingredients and keep aside.
- Dip each rice paper into cold water bath for not more than 10-12 seconds. Lay on cutting board and add all your veggies including air fried tofu slice one by one. Carefully close rice paper wrap. Cut in half. Lay on a wet plate. Make sure there is a gap in between each rice paper to avoid them from sticking. Repeat the process for as many rice paper as you like.
- Prepare your creamy peanut sauce in a bowl. Drizzle sauce onto each rice paper and enjoy as a healthy snack or a meal. Check my YouTube video linked below for full details.
- **If you don’t like peanut sauce, use Sweet Thai chili sauce instead. Add some lime juice and water to thin out the sauce.