Strawberry Salad with Vegan Tofu FetaCourse: Salads
1 large bunch of Romain lettuce
2-3 cups of finely chopped mixed greens
*1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
1 cup hot boiling water (to cook couscous)
1 small red onion
2 cups of fresh strawberries
2-3 small mini cucumbers
2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
Salt & pepper per taste
- For Vegan Feta
*1/2 a block of Extra firm tofu (Use herbed if you can)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp water
1-2 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp chili flakes (+/- adjust per your tolerance)
1 tsp miso paste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt per taste
- For Salad Dressing:
2.5-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp maple syrup
Salt per taste
- Prep your vegan Feta by cutting pressed extra firm tofu in big cubes. In a bowl add all your ingredients to make Feta, add your tofu cubes, gently mix. Close the lid and store in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours prior to adding to your salad. You can also make this from the night before and store in a Mason Jar. Longer tofu sits in this marinate, the flavor will be more intense.
- Cook your couscous per package directions. For this recipe, I used 1/2 cup of couscous and 1 cup of hot water. Add them to a sauce pan with some salt, mix and close the lid. After 10 minutes, fluff your couscous with a fork and let it cool.
- Finely chop romaine lettuce and mixed greens. Cut strawberries in quarters, finely dice red onions and cucumbers. Assemble your salad.
- Cut Tofu Feta in smaller cubes prior to adding to the salad. I only used 1/2 cup of Tofu Feta for this recipe. Add in 1 cup cooked couscous, mint leaves, drizzle dressing and some cracked black pepper. Mix & Enjoy!
- *You’ll have left over Tofu Feta. You can store leftovers in the fridge to use later or enjoy as a snack.
- *You’ll have left over cooked couscous if you’re cooking 1/2 dry cup. Adjust accordingly or use left overs later for another salad.