Easy Roasted Pumpkin HummusCourse: Sides
1 medium size buttercup squash
1 can of chick peas (drained & rinsed -Reserve Aquafaba)
1/2-2/3 cup of Aquafaba
4-5 cloves of roasted garlic
2 tbsp Tahini
1 tsp chili flakes (+/-)
1.5 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
Juice of a lemon
1 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds (for garnish)
salt per your taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F. Wash and dry squash. Cut in half, remove seeds and cut in half again. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat. Place squash facing down, Wrap garlic cloves in a foil paper, add it on the same baking tray and bake for about 25-30 minutes till squash is soft.
- Remove squash from the oven, let it cool. This step is optional: reduce oven temperature to 350 F and spread out 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds on a lined baking tray and roast for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop out the squash and transfer to a blender. Toss all other ingredients and blend. You’ll probably need a blender stick to push down all the ingredients to blend. Add more aquafaba if needed to help with blending. Give it a taste, adjust any spices/salt if needed.
- Transfer to a dish, sprinkle some smoked paprika on top and roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish. Enjoy as a dip with your veggies or crackers.
- Instead of as a dip, this can also be served as a side dish with Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Serving size is based on 1/4 cup and may vary.