Mini AVO Toast with Pomegranate SalsaCourse: Snacks
If you’re looking for an easy, impressive and a healthy appetizer to serve to your guests during the holidays, then try this delicious mini AVO toast with pomegranate salsa. This is such an easy and festive appetizer to make. It only takes less than 15-20 minutes to put together. You’re and your guests are going to love this!
1 sourdough Italian baguette (whole grain or white)
1/2 to 1 Jalapeno (seeds removed)
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 small red onion (or use half an onion, finely chopped)
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp. white sticky balsamic
1 medium size avocado
1 tbsp lemon juice
40-50 grams Vegan Feta Cheese
salt per taste
Avocado spray ( about 5-6 sprays to toast baguette slices or skip)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut baguette slices, lightly spray with avocado spray if you desire (it’ll help get them nice golden color) and bake for about 8-10 minutes (till they start to get nice golden color). Make sure to watch them carefully and not to over toast, otherwise they will be hard to bite! Once done, set aside.
- While baguettes are in the oven, smash an avocado, add lemon juice, salt, nicely mix with a fork and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, remove seeds from a pomegranate, add 1/2 finely chopped jalapeno, onion and fresh Italian parsley. Then add freshly squeezed orange juice, orange zest, sticky balsamic vinegar and salt. Give it a good mix and keep aside.
- Once baguettes have cooled, assemble your toast. Add smashed avocado at the bottom, then pomegranate salsa and vegan feta cheese. Feel free to add more orange zest on top to make it look pretty! Serve it as an appetizer during the holidays or anytime your heart desires. Use remaining pomegranate salsa to add to more baguettes or enjoy on its own!
- Feel free to double up the recipe for more!